Vacation information can be found in Article 15 of the Collective Agreement. There are standard vacation dates set out by HR each year which can be found on the Employee Portal. You can request to have your vacation at other times if need be but it will need to be approved by your manager and HR. If you’re interested in this you need to submit a form called Faculty Request to Work During Standard Vacation. That form can also be found on the Employee Portal.

Full-time faculty accrue 4.3 days per month, meaning vacation is actually deferred salary. Therefore, you need to work 10 months in order to accrue 43 days which will give you a full pay during the vacation period. If, for whatever reason, you have not worked 10 months, you may have a reduced vacation pay.